Jason A. Castle, MD
Total Joint Reconstruction Fellowship
Anderson Orthopaedic Clinic, Alexandria, VA
NIH Pathobiology of Vascular Disease Research Fellowship
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salam, NC
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Undergraduate School: Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Charleston Surgical Hospital
- Thomas Memorial Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- West Virginia Orthopedic Society
- Kanawha Medical Society
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- 2009 Certified by American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- 2003 First Place - Basic Science
- Wake Forest University Surgical Sciences Research Day
- 2002 Eastern Orthopedic Society Research Award
- 2000 NIH Physician Scientist Award
- Ruch DS5 Deal DN, Ma J, Smith AM, Castle JA, Walker FO, Martin EV, Yoder JS,Rushing JT, Smith TL, Koman LA. Management of peripheral nerve defects: external fixator-assisted primary neurorrhaphy. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004 Jul;86A(7):1405-13.
- Smith AM, Castle JA, Ruch DS. Arthroscopic resection of the common extensor origin: anatomic considerations. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2003 Jul-Aug;12(4):375-9.
- Smith AM, Urbanosky LR, Castle JA, Rushing JT, Ruch DS. Radius pull test: predictor oflongitudinal forearm instability. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002 Nov;84A(11): 1970-6.
- Willenborg MJ, Shilt JS. Smith BP, Estrada RL, Castle JA, Koman LA. Technique for iliopsoas ultrasound-guided active electromyography-directed botulinum a toxin injection in cerebral palsy. 1 Pediatr Orthop. 2002 Mar-Apr;22(2): 165-8.
Articles in Preparation
- Minimally Invasive Treatment of Pertrochanteric Hip Fractures. Pollock D, Castle lA, Webb LX, Smith BP.
- 2003 ASSH (PodIum) Management of peripheral nerve defects: external fixatorassisted primary neurorrhaphy. Ruch DS, Deal DN, Ma J, Smith AM, Castle lA, Koman LA.
- 2002 ASSH (Podium) Functional Adrenergic Responses of the Human Digital Artery. Castle lA, Rosencrance E, Smith T, Koman LA. Cancun, Mexico
- 2002 ASRM (Podium) Functional Adrenergic Responses of the Human Digital Arterx. Castle lA, Rosencrance E, Smith T, Koman LA. Cancun, Mexico
- 200 1 AAOS (Podium) Arthroscopic resection of the common extensor origin: Anatomic considerations. Smith A!vf, Castle lA, Ruch DS. Dallas, TX
- 2001 AAHS (Podium) Radius Pull Test: Predicto: of Traumatic Forearm Instability Smith AM, Urbanosky L, Castle lA, Ruch DS ResiJents and Fellows Meeting. Baltimore, MD.
- 2001 AACP (Poster) Management of Iliopsoas Spasticity in Cerebral Palsy: Ultrasound-Guided Active EMG Directed Botulinum A Toxin Injection. Willenborg M, Shilt lS, Estrada RL, Castle lA, Smith BP, Koman LA. Toronto, Canada
- 2001 OTA (Podium) Vacuum-assisted closure for fasciotomy wounds after compartment syndrome of the leg. Chang D, Castle lA, Webb LX. San Diego, CA
- 2000 FASEB (Poster) Effects of Sumatriptan(5-HT agonist) on Norepinephrine Responses in the Rabbit Ear Thermoregulatory Microcirculation. Castle lA, Li Z, Smith T, Koman LA San Diego, CA
- 2000 OT A (Podium) Correlation between outcomes and Trauma Injury Severity Score. Martin S, Chang D, Castle lA, Meredith W, Webb LX.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Chicago, IL SouthEastern Fracture Symposium. Greensboro, NC
- Techniques in Minimally Invasive Arthroplasty (Biomet). Asheville, NC. Advancements in Minimally Invasive Arthroplasty (Smith Nephew). Memphis, TN
- South Eastern Fracture Symposium. Greensboro, NC
- AO Principles of Fracture Management. Colorado Springs, CO Eastern Orthopedic Society. Amelia Island, FL.
- Creation of database systems to facilitate research data collection.